I know I went through a period where I was pretty scared about how I was going to get through it. Not to mention all the horror stories that people LOVE to tell you when you’re pregnant!
We ALL get to that point where we look down and think – “how exactly am I going to get this baby out?” In fact, I probably would’ve gone into the hospital a complete wreck if not for a purely coincidental conversation I had with a colleague of mine.
So what did she tell me?
This colleague of mine is in fact a great therapist and she asked me how I was doing. When I told her about my increasing worries, all it took was one simple sentence to turn me around….
“Your labor doesn’t HAVE to be painful!” she told me. Yeah right, I said (and I’m sure you’re rolling your eyes right now just like I did)!
But I’m here to tell you, it is actually true! And I encourage you to stop and take a minute to think about it.
If you go into the hospital thinking your experience is going to be painful – it WILL be! BUT if you go in there thinking about your beautiful little baby (instead of the pain), it may just be one of the best experiences of your life – I KNOW it was for me!
On the practical side…
There ARE some exercises that you can do to prepare your body for exercise and decrease your chances of ripping and/or tearing during delivery.
In addition you can learn to strengthen and relax your CORE muscles. This will benefit you not only during delivery, but in the long run because it will also teach you to engage your own girdle and corset muslces to give you a small waist again after baby.
Click here for a 30-day TRIAL of my award-winnng e-books and learn exactly which exercises you should start doing today.
Here are my TOP 5 DELIVERY STEPS:
1. Concentrate on getting oxygen to your baby – do slow deep breaths filling your chest with air, holding and then slowly exhaling;
2. Visualize a warm, relaxing place, like sunny MEXICO (this really worked for me!);
3. Move around a lot and try to minimize your time spent lying down (you’ll feel much better once you get up!);
4. See it as a positive experience! I was motivated by the thought that every contraction was bringing me one step closer to meeting my baby girl and it definitely worked.
5. Really concentrate on LISTENING to your body and DON’T be frightened – fear will only keep you rigid – the exact opposite of how you NEED to be.
To learn MUCH MORE information on Pregnancy Topics like how to Minimize your Weight Gain, Eliminate your Food Cravings and Prepare your Body for a Quick and Easy Delivery, secure a copy of my book Pregnancy Without Pounds(TM). Give it a try,
And to learn exactly HOW to melt your pounds quickly and easily AFTER delivery in a hurry, make sure to check out my very popular weight loss program. Secure your copy here